Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY Sore throat remedy

 Cold season is here already in my neck of the woods. I don't know about you guys but when it comes to sore throats I am a HUGE BABY! Going to work with one of these suckers may as well be the end of the world. I recently woke up with a miserably sore throat on my day off and didn't want my boyfriend to know, so we could still enjoy the day off. I looked up some cures, and experimented with a few until I found one that 100% worked magic and I swear by it.

 Here is what is needed:

-Hot water
-Real lemon juice
-Apple cider vinegar
-Honey

Here is what else I added:

-Orange slices
-Cinnamon powder or stick

First I added in 2 Table spoons of Apple cider vinegar to my LARGE coffee mug

For this I chose certified Bragg organic raw apple cider vinegar  which is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity. We always keep this in the fridge as it is in my opinion the BEST, plus it's good to keep on hand for a shot if an upset tummy decides to pop up.

 


Next I squeezed in a lemon wedge and tossed the wedge in once juiced
 

I then squeezed in 1 tablespoon of honey on top of the wedge. Once I had those in my cup I poured in as much water as the cup would hold, leaving just enough room in the mug to add in a Orange slice later.

I let that blend for about a minute in the mug with the lid on to seal in all the heat. I then took an orange slice and floated it on top of the water and then sprinkled cinnamon on top of the orange. Let me tell you the aroma was amazing!

 I am not a fan at all of Apple Cider Vinegar ( its like torture in a bottle to me) but after all the ingredients blended together this was actually delicious! Within about 35 minutes I honestly forgot my throat was even bothering me, it wasn't until over 5 hours later when it wore off that I remembered. I made another before bed and it was life changing.  I had developed a week long cold, so I continued to make my creation every day for my ride to work and then had one before bed. I highly recommend this cheap and easy, NATURAL remedy!

Added bonus: this kept me full for hours :)


No comments:

Post a Comment