Monday, September 9, 2013

Tattoo coverup with makeup

 A showgirl problem I did not think through before making it permanent..... Tattoos! In shows you can not have tats all over your body for the audience to see. Over the years I have tried several different methods of tattoo cover ups from make shift flesh colored patches to put in my fishnets, to bandages. The most natural looking way to do it if your tattoo is on an area of your body that can be seen, would be with makeup.


The pictured tattoo is on my hipbone, which means I could just wear tights under my fishnets, and problem solved. But sometimes it becomes to hot for so many layers.

What you will need:
1. Makeup brushes
2. MAC Studio finish concealer
3. A mineral powder concealer ( I use bare minerals)
4. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs





Step 1. With your finger dip into the concealer pot and dab onto the tattoo until it is completely covered. This may become thick at first...

 

 


 
 
Step 2. With your flat brush gently blend the edges of the area into the surrounding area. Next you will take your larger powder brush and apply the powder products. I use a concealer and a matte finish just to set all the makeup together. Start applying in a dabbing motion so that you do not uncover the already covered area, once it is saturated you can then blend with your strokes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Step 3. For the most part my tattoo is currently invisible. My next concern is having the makeup smudge onto my costumes or not blend enough with the surrounding skin. Here is my trick..... Once the area is completely covered and blended as best as possible I take Sally Hanson's "Airbrush Legs" product and do a very light mist over the area ( holding the can about 6-7 inches away from my body so it does not get to thick, this will take about 4-5 minutes to dry).  Keep in mind that there are different shades so that you can find one that blends best with your skin tone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Once applied properly it should all set and be good to go, smudge free. To remove just take a warm soapy paper towel and wipe the area until clean.
 
 

 

1 comment: